At the best times, I have problems with the microwave. I’ve exploded everything and anything in the microwave: a glass bowl, a whole chicken, multiple eggs, oatmeal, pasta sauce…Now, I can add socks to the list!
A few months ago, I had ordered some plain white wool to dye before I knit with it. I haven’t ever dyed before so I thought before I attempt with wool, I’ll use my socks. Also, because I was going to be using food colouring, this would show how well the different colours get absorbed by the fibres.
Using the microwave sounded like an easier option than the stove. What I forgot was that by stuffing a sock in a tiny glass will cause a heat pocket to form and will force the glass to fly upwards… which is exactly what happened.
Never the less the socks did get dyed and surprisingly, didn’t break any glassware. However, I did receive suggestions to invest in an old microwave to use in the garden.
*Unfortunately, I did not manage to get clear photos of the orange, green and purple sock so here’s the pink one!